Thursday, June 01, 2006

Don't let the guinea pig eat YOUR kidney!

So we went to the movies last night (saw XMen 3) for the first time in, like, forever. You can read Hulk's review over at his blog. I agree with it wholeheartedly - the movie itself was OK, a pretty good action movie with a lot of special effects, but not nearly as good as the first two.

One of the reasons we don't go to the movies very often is the same reason a lot of people don't go - the annoying 20-30 minutes of ads (after the "get to the theater early!" ads) before the previews before the movie. I wish there was some way to know exactly when all the ads end and the previews begin (because I usually like the previews) so we could just skip the damn ads. However, this time, it was actually worth it to be there a few minutes before the previews started - as I saw the funniest "pre-movie" ad I've ever seen.

There's a sleeping guy, awakened to find a guinea pig on his chest. The guinea pig tells him to watch a certain show that I've never heard of on a cable channel I've never heard of instead of sleeping. The guy asks why, and the guinea pig says, "Do you want me to eat your other kidney?" and then the camera cuts to a bloody hole in the guy's abdomen. Awesome. We laughed out loud for several minutes.

It's too bad I don't have cable and I've never heard of whatever show it was, because I sure wouldn't want a calico-colored guinea pig to eat MY kidney.

5 comments:

Yank In Texas said...

Ok, now I'm curious as to what show.

But we don't go to the movies much either. Mostly because it's so freakin' expensive and for the cost of a movie (with 1 popcorn and drink to share) we can eat out decently.

Celebrate National Donut Day tomorrow and eat some fried dough!
Mmmmmmm, donuts!

Monkey McWearingChaps said...

That would have induced one of my widely famous Dr. Evil laughs.

Monkey McWearingChaps said...

Hey, you should put up some pics of the new place when you have time. I used to live in a converted Victorian, too...I always like to see how they set up the apartments.

Anonymous said...

I think I saw another version of that ad campaign that involved a butterfly making some kind of threat. It was awesome! I wish I'd written it.

Anonymous said...

lol i love those. but the show your trying to think of is midnight spank on G4. its actually abunch of shows.
hope that helped