Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Apply directly to the forehead!

I didn't have much of an opportunity to blog on Thanksgiving; I spent pretty much the entire day cooking (sat down for maybe 10 minutes at one point just to rest my back) and then eating and then entertaining. QIR and Hulk and I played some games with my mom after the company had left. Incidentally, I really like my cousin's boyfriend - it takes some doing to keep a relationship together when one member of the couple goes on a 6-month trip to China and Mongolia scarcely 2 months after the relationship begins. But they managed, and it's been over a year, and maybe they will make babies.

So I managed a 2-sentence nod to NaBloFloJo, intending to write that "I am thankful for xyz" entry the next day or maybe when we got home, but had other posts that needed to come first. I know Hulk's already done it, and done it much better than I could, but I do like to take this depressing, death of the year time to think about the things for which I *am* thankful. Perhaps they are silly, or sentimental, or schmoopy, but here they are for your viewing pleasure.

I am thankful for:

Soft, powdery sugar snow to break up the monotonous gray and brown that is a cold Colorado winter
A healthy body and relatively healthy mind
The good, functional relationships I have with my person, my friends, and most of my family
Friends near and far, many of whom I would never have met were it not for the scary internets. So also, the internets.
That at least one of our cats is a lap ho and also gives ball rubs.
That the other of our cats does sideways head when she is really interested in something.
A job that gives me ample opportunities to surf the internet and lots of vacation time. Also, that pays me money so then I can pay bills and buy shoes.
Books, movies, and pretty yarn.
Orgasms.
Our new place that allowed us to have a garden and has almost enough space for all our stuff.
The ability to travel just about anywhere in the world and have adventures.
Dark chocolate covered cranberries.
That my boobs are big enough to look like boobs but not so big that they get in my way or make exercise difficult. Also, they make the most pretty bras in my size.
Seasons - I like them all, but I am partial to spring, especially here in Colorado.
Our comfy bed.
That they don't play that awful "Head on!" commercial right after Jeopardy anymore.
The smells of holidays - pumpkin, cinnamon, bay, pine.
That Hulk makes me such delicious food. I'm truly spoiled.

I'm sure the list is nowhere near complete, but these are the things that have been on my mind, the things that stand out the most, the things for which I know I am lucky/blessed/whatever.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aw, nice list.