Friday, October 26, 2007

No need for a title, this is pretty much useless

I'm sitting in a "hotel" room in Copper Mountain resort, about to go to breakfast. The snow on the hillside across from me is gorgeous, if probably at least somewhat manmade. Walking through a ski resort in the off-season is rather odd; it's like walking into an office building after hours when nobody is around.

I don't sleep well away from home these days. This is the third hotel room since the end of September and there will be two more in the next couple of weeks before I'm finished. Dreams of choking wake me up to realize my throat is completely dessicated (it can happen, up here in the mountains). I wake up 3 or 4 times a night and pat the bed next to me, only to remember I'm all alone here. I get to go home this afternoon, where I'll be for a day and a half before I have to do the mountain drive again, all the way to Glenwood Springs. This time I'll take pictures.

No comments: