Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Anticipation

Taken on Monday, 3 days after I took this photo.
Things I have been looking forward to that are nearly here:

The arrival of spring (it's here! or nearly so)

The arrival of Spats Turkey (April 1, baby, come out then!)

A weekend at home to do around-the-house stuff and be lazy (I've been away every weekend in March so far!)

Getting started with practices for my work softball team (!)

Our first wedding anniversary (Sunday, Sunday, Sunday!)

My cousin coming for another visit (this time, to check out the city and the graduate school she'll be attending this fall!)


Also, an update on Project Hott:

I have, thus far, successfully avoided eating any chocolate or other candy at work for over two weeks now. Perhaps a bit of my caloric deficit was offset by the consumption of chips and cookies this past weekend, but then again the FitLinxx machine at the gym said I burned over 2000 calories snowshoeing on Saturday, so it's at least a wash there. I don't know that I can really feel any difference in my clothes yet, but I've been making an effort to change up my gym activity, pushing myself harder on machines than I have in a while, and I think my stupid leg is finally better enough that I can start running outside more regularly. It's only been ELEVEN MONTHS, geesh.

3 comments:

tmjackson said...

Happy Anniversary! Congrats on your chocolate willpower, too. I'm off to China tomorrow, thanks for all the advice, and I'll be sure to let you know how it goes!

Jess said...

Well, today's weather is not exactly springlike. BUT I LOVE IT.

Anonymous said...

We are trying really hard for April 1! GOOOOOO CERVIX!!