Saturday, March 24, 2007

When the moon is in the seventh house and Jupiter aligns with Mars



Hear Ye Hear Ye:

Let it be known to all and sundry (but not necessarily All and Sundry) that after several weeks of tearing our hair out and lack of sleep, we have officially picked a date. We've had to work around three other weddings, two school schedules, one graduation, and one Foreign Service assignment, all in the next 18 months, and we're still going to be able to do the thing outside:

March 23, 2008

Woohoo!

(yep, it's a year from yesterday. When we realized that last night, we got a little kick out of it)
(and it will definitely be in Northern California)

Oh my Og, those of you who read this may never know how stressful this whole thing was for me (and us, of course). I sincerely hope that it's the most drama-laden thing that comes along with this whole shindig, and the rest will be sunshine and lollipops. Dammit.

10 comments:

Yank In Texas said...

Yay for picking a date! One decision down, 50 million to go, though that's one of that harder ones...

Monkey McWearingChaps said...

You've posted the banns! Congratulations.

MLE said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MLE said...

Cari, it wasn't so much of a decision as a matter of eliminating every other time that wouldn't work. Luckily, Hulk's spring break and my little sister's are the same week next year, so we're getting hitched on the Sunday at the beginning of that week, which will give Hulk and I a chance to have some sort of a mini-moon/roadtrip to get back to Colorado.

Monks: Thanky!

yournamehere said...

Congrats.

EEK! said...

Jason says I can't wear a priest collar, but I think I can rock it. What do you think?

Congrats on picking a date so easily and personally I am stoked (har har!) that the wedding will be in Cali instead of Denver, which is a lovely city but kinda gives me the Rocky Mtn WTF in the Head sickness.

Dan said...

We were kind of hoping you might wear one of those pointy Pope Hats. That'd be pretty sweet.

Sara said...

Oh yay! What great news. And yay on it being here! Less work for me. :D

Anonymous said...

Woo! It's on my calendar.

Anonymous said...

Hooray! Hooray! I'm happy you picked a date! What's the next decision?