Friday, June 12, 2009

Friday faff*, good news edition

1. My new (to me) camera appears to function exactly as the old one did. I'm a little suspicious about how much it was used by the previous owner (I used mine a LOT and it wasn't as scratched up as my "new" one) but it works so that's good.

2. After months of work, I'm finally starting to feel a difference in how my clothes fit. I still have a ways go go and plans for how to get to where I want to be before Operation New Stryker starts, but I'm feeling less hopeless about it all now.

3. Thank you all for such wonderful feedback about the flowers I did this past weekend! I was really happy with how they turned out and the process gave me a much better idea of what I'm capable of doing, of the amount of time and effort it takes to do certain things, and helped narrow my focus a bit. I have to admit I'm still pretty proud of the accomplishment.

4. A coworker and friend had her thyroid levels checked a couple of weeks ago, only to find out that she had some suspicious nodules. They couldn't tell much from an ultrasound so she had a needle biopsy earlier this week and just got the results - no cancer! My other friend who had thyroid cancer more than a year ago is doing fine these days, but I don't wish cancer on anyone and am so glad my coworker is going to be OK.

5. I'm going to the batting cages this weekend to get some more batting practice in (!)

6. This is the first weekend in WEEKS where we didn't have anything in particular planned - no social engagements, no trips. I think we'll probably run errands, do some house cleaning, and maybe go hiking on Sunday. I just hope the weather gets a little nicer.

*courtesy Hillary

No comments: