Thursday, December 28, 2006

End-of-year meme, courtesy Linda of All and Sundry

From here:

1. What did you do in 2006 that you’d never done before?
I shoveled a crapton of snow after our blizzard last week. I took Amtrak from Colorado to California and back for Thanksgiving. Got in my first car accident (was rearended by a 16 y/o at a stoplight.) We got to have our very own garden for the first time with tomatoes and peppers and herbs, because we moved to the new place.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Didn't make any, other than to look fabulous for my 10-year reunion. And I think I did. I think I'll stick with staying in good shape for 2007.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Two cousins, neither of which are particularly close, but I did knit the babies some blankets.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No
5. What countries did you visit?
None. We went to China at the end of 2005 but didn't make it out of the country this year.
6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006?
A car
7. What dates from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
August 10 (HS Reunion), July 3 (5th anniversary with boyfriend), December 20 (blizzard)
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Helping to organize a great national conference.
9. What was your biggest failure?
I failed to convince the people at my job that I'm worth more money for the amount of responsibility I have.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
A few colds, maybe. I was actually quite healthy in 2006. Must have been all the working out and eating super-healthy I did.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Absolute Sandman for the Hulk for Giftmas.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My crappy old supervisor retired. I celebrated then. Also, Benji won "So you think you can dance," and that was pretty good, too.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Can I say the entire current political administration? I'm going with that.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Assuming aside from things like rent, food, utilities, probably travel to CA.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
The reunion. And meeting internet people.
16. What song will always remind you of 2006?
"My Humps" was pretty ubiquitous. I hardly ever listen to the radio, but I heard that song all the time.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? 
b) thinner or fatter? 
c) richer or poorer?
maybe happier, marginally thinner (though a lot stronger and in better shape), marginally richer (at least, more debt is paid off and I have more in my retirement account.)
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Travel out of the US, or maybe just travel in general. I also wish we'd had the chance to go see more live music.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Been frustrated by Hulk's difficulty in gaining employment
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Spent Giftmas with Hulkrents, HulkBro, Hulksisinlaw, HulkGrandma. But I did talk to my family a couple of times.
21. Did you fall in love in 2006?
I fall in love with the Hulk over and over again. And a girl named Spike.
22. How many one-night stands?
None in my whole life.
23. What was your favorite TV program?
Watching Battlestar Galactica and Lost on DVD.
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I don't think I hate anybody.
25. What was the best book you read?
Temeraire (3 book series) by Naomi Novak.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I'm so out of the loop regarding music; I really have no idea. I like music.
27. What did you want and get?
To meet my friend Monkey after knowing her for 5 years on the internets.
28. What did you want and not get?
A car
29. What was your favorite film of this year?
I'm not sure - maybe Wordplay.
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was 27 on March 14. I went to work and my mom's students sung to me over the phone. Hulk made me a delicious birthday dinner and red velvet cake.
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Probably if I'd taken any sort of a class to help exercise my brain.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006?
I wasn't concerned with fashion so much as fitting into smaller clothing, which I did manage to do for a few months (July, August, September). I did find some cool new stuff to wear. I love my new jeans with the dragon on them that I got in Indianapolis. Oh, and I got to shop at H&M several times both in Indy and in CA, so that was good.
33. What kept you sane?
Knowing I was going to be able to travel for work and get out of my cube this fall. After that, it's been looking forward to the holidays. Now, it's knowing that soon we will have a toilet that won't run all the time.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I always drool over Ewan MacGregor and Ed Norton. I drooled over Christian Bale in The Prestige.
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
Probably the election in general. I was so glad things turned out the way they did. A particular piece of legislation was drafted to counteract a part of the President's proposed 2007 budget that would have directly affected the program I run, so that was probably the closest-to-home issue.
36. Who did you miss?
Family and friends. I missed Hulk and the kitties when I was traveling a lot for work.
37. Who was the best new person you met?
New, as in didn't know at all before 2006? Leah and Simon of A Girl and a Boy.
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006.
Go to the chiropractor ASAP after you get rear-ended.
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
"It's something unpredictable, but in the end it's right."

No comments: