Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Full of Hope

Last night, as we were settling down for the evening, I told Dan that this was the first election in my memory that, in my opinion, there was an excellent candidate, someone about whom I am very excited, someone who I can't wait to see get into office. There have been good candidates, and terrible candidates, and worst-ever candidates, but never in my living memory a candidate that I thought was a truly great candidate.

I also told him that I want this candidate to be president, not just for the sake of the country (and our worldwide reputation) or for my sake but for the sake of my future children. I want my kids to grow up in a world shaped, in part, by this person.

While today has been somewhat of a nail biter (though I haven't actually bitten my nails), for the very first time in this long, drawn out election process, I am letting myself feel hope. Hope that the candidate I support wins the election, but also hope that the state I live in helps him to achieve that goal. I never thought I'd see Colorado go so blue (Currently, we have a Dem governor, one (soon to be two, fingers crossed! Dem senator, and likely 5 of 7 reps Dem as well. Crazy.

5 comments:

Hillary said...

It's funny - I am so caught up in the excitement and I'm not even American. I'm crossing my fingers for good news tonight.

Monkey McWearingChaps said...

JP Stevens is turning in his robes tomorrow baby!

Cilicious said...

I am *so* happy for the younger generation right now,and their future children, too.
There is a lot of work to be done but I truly believe the right person made it into office.

Anonymous said...

You can breathe a sigh of relief now! And I can feel much much MUCH better about bringing this baby into the world. What a night.

Yank In Texas said...

I squealed when it was all official last night. I was tired but in a really really good mood all day long. Nothing could shake the smile off of my face. So yeah, a great day. And I too feel better about bringing a kid into this world now.